Views 930 Conservation Jobs Application Deadline: Tuesday, 14 February 2017
SANCCOB, an internationally recognized seabird conservation organisation, is seeking to employ a full-time Rehabilitation Coordinator for the Cape St. Francis centre, Eastern Cape. It is an exciting opportunity for a person with the vision to support and implement SANCCOB’s mission, to conserve Southern Africa’s seabirds for future generations. This position reports to the Rehabilitation Manager.
• Rehabilitation of seabirds
• Supervise a small team of staff and volunteers
• Timely maintenance of the facility and assets
• Maintain and grow stakeholder relationships in the Eastern Cape
• Together with the research manager, support and implement research and conservation projects in the Eastern Cape
• Together with the preparedness and response manager, maintain a base for oiled wildlife response, raise the level of preparedness in the Eastern Cape, and forge strong working relationships with key stakeholders in the region
• Together with the marketing and fundraising manager grow and develop a marketing and fundraising plan
• Develop and manage an approved budget
The successful candidate will be a team player who is physically fit, hard-working in all weather conditions frequently in excess of standard working hours. The position will be best suited to a dedicated, self-motivated individual who has a passion for seabirds and conservation, with a personable, caring and compassionate nature. The successful person must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written). A two month extensive training programme for the successful candidate will be provided at SANCCOB’s facility in Cape Town.
Minimum requirements for position:
· A Diploma in Veterinary Nursing or Animal Welfare Assistant qualification.
· Registration with the South African Veterinary Council is essential.
- 5 years management experience
- A valid driver’s license.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Please forward a detailed CV and a letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org . Closing date for application is Friday 18th November 2016.
Management will not accept telephonic applications and will only correspond with applicants selected for interviews. SANCCOB reserves the right not to make an appointment.