Views 1839 Conservation Jobs Application Deadline: Monday, 09 January 2017
SANCCOB – a leading seabird conservation organisation based in Cape St Francis (Eastern Cape) seeks to employ a caring, compassionate Bird Rehabilitator to join their energetic and dedicated team on a full-time basis.
Key responsibilities and duties will include:
· Daily care and treatment of different types of seabirds of all ages including after hours on-call duty
· Cleaning of bird enclosures, pools and the maintenance of the facility
· Training and supervision of local and international volunteers
· Mentoring seabird interns
· Presenting talks on seabird rehabilitation topics
The successful candidate will be a team player that is:
- physically fit
- able to manage time efficiently
- able to work in all weather conditions
· able to work shifts and frequently in excess of standard working hours
· caring and compassionate with a love for seabirds.
Qualification and Experience
· A tertiary qualification in Biological Science, wildlife or conservation preferred
· 2 years’ experience working with seabirds advantageous
· Experience working according to standard operating procedures
· Experience supervising small teams
· A valid Driver’s licence
· Computer literate (Microsoft Office package)
· Only open to South African ID holders
Please forward CV with at least 2 contactable references (max 3 pages) and a letter of motivation for attention: Rehabilitation Manager to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: Monday 9 January 2017, 17h00.
Management will not accept telephonic applications and will only correspond with applicants selected for interviews.