Views 1285 Conservation Jobs Application Deadline: Friday, 25 August 2017
SANCCOB, a leading marine conservation non-profit organization, seeks to employ a Fundraising Officer to join their dynamic Fundraising and Marketing team in Table View, Cape Town. Reporting to the Fundraising and Marketing Manager, applications are invited.
- Research and identify potential local and international corporates, trusts, foundations and governmental prospects to meet SANCCOB’s operational, project and capital requirements (seabird rescue, rehabilitation and conservation, research, education, special projects and centre expansion)
- Match SANCCOB’s project proposals to suitable Corporate Social Investment prospects
- Write and submit fundraising proposals to current donors and new prospects
- Track submission deadlines for proposals and project reports of successful grants
- Ensure accurate, effective and timeous record-keeping and submission of project reports
- Action effective donor-stewardship including on-site and off-site visits, writing thank-you letters, submitting timeous project updates, etc.
- Regular communication with staff to ensure that new developments are captured into funding proposals.
- Compile and submit in-kind donation and discount requests to suppliers, corporates and local businesses
- Bequest Society
- Work with the Fundraising and Marketing Manager to develop SANCCOB’s Bequest Society by identifying, cultivating and securing new bequest members
- Plan, organise and execute bequest luncheons, presentations and related events
- Liaise with estate executors
- Assist the Marketing & Fundraising department with fundraising and marketing events, exhibitions and activations as required
- A relevant tertiary qualification in areas such as development studies, journalism, social sciences, media or marketing
- Minimum of three years’ experience in grant-writing, corporate social investment or fundraising
- Experience working in the environment/conservation industry will be advantageous
- Passion for seabirds and/or marine conservation, with a mission-driven work ethic and a positive attitude
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector and local and international donor landscape
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an acute attention to detail
- Ability to work against budgeted targets and within strict deadlines
- A valid driver’s license
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office package)
- Fluency in written and spoken English essential; fluency in additional language(s) advantageous
Please send your CV (max 4 pages) with contactable referees and a letter of motivation for attention: the Fundraising & Marketing Manager to email@example.com . Deadline for applications: Friday, 25 August 2017.
Management will not accept telephonic applications and will only correspond with applicants chosen for interviews.