Views 2252 Conservation Jobs
The Zoological Society of London (ZSL), a charity founded in 1826, is a world-renowned centre of excellence for conservation science and applied conservation. ZSL’s mission is to promote and achieve the worldwide conservation of animals and their habitats. This is realised by carrying out field conservation and research in over 50 countries across the globe and through education and awareness-raising at our two zoos, ZSL London Zoo and ZSL Whipsnade Zoo, inspiring people to take conservation action.
Overview of Role:
ZSL’s Cameroon programme is looking to recruit a dynamic individual for an exciting new position as ZSL Cameroon’s Law Enforcement Advisor to support its activities to combat poaching and trafficking. The successful candidate will oversee all aspects of ZSL’s work to support law enforcement and address illegal wildlife trade in Cameroon. This will include: providing support to project teams and partners on law enforcement operations and procedures; establishing and managing information gathering networks; supporting our community surveillance network and providing judiciary follow up of court cases; as well as developing tools and resources including trainings as needed to support the work. The post-holder will provide technical input on project development, design, delivery and reporting. He/she will assist with maintaining existing and developing new, relationships and partnerships with relevant stakeholders.
A job advert and job description in French are available on the following links:
Position: Law Enforcement Advisor, Cameroon (Full-Time / 1 Year Fixed-Term Contract)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: Cameroon, Yaoundé
Ideally the successful applicant will:
- Have extensive experience in the field of law enforcement (anti-corruption, anti-poaching, wildlife law or/and protected area management).
- Have an excellent standard of written and spoken French and be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Have proven capacity development skills with experience in developing training resources and delivering training are required.
- Be independently driven and show initiative, confident in verbal and written communications,
- Have excellent collaborative and inter-personal skills, and have good time management and organisational skills.
- Have a good understanding of biodiversity conservation issues in the region essential.
- Have proven experience of project management and development (Desirable).
- Have prior experience of living and working in developing countries, preferably in Central Africa (Desirable).
Please note: The successful applicant will be based in ZSL Cameroon’s office in Yaoundé, with frequent national travel to field sites in the South and East regions of Cameroon. A salary commensurate with experience will be provided. This is a 1 year renewable contract, dependant on funding. The position is to start as soon as possible.
A full job description in English for this role can be accessed here!
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) and can do this by clicking the "Apply for this job online" button on the following link . If you have any queries regarding these positions or when applying through the system please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is: Midnight Sunday 20th March 2016.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.