Views 2558 Conservation Jobs
In order to oversee the planning, monitoring and evaluation systems to track the performance and impact of the regional programme against its objectives and to ensure successful implementation of the strategic plan, the WWF seeks a Youth Strategy for Green Heart of Africa (GHoA) for its Central Africa Regional Programme Office.
Location: The position is based in Yaoundé, Cameroon and the scope of responsibilities extend to a major part of the sub-region, i.e. Central Africa Republic (CAR), Gabon, Congo, the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Equatorial Guinea and Sao Tome & Principe.
Under the supervision of the Youth Project Manager, the Youth Strategy for Green Heart of Africa's major duties and responsibilities are:
• Undertake a desk review of final projects reports and consultancy reports from countries that have implemented similar Youth projects.
• Review operations of previously implemented Youth projects; Jointly with the Programme Team, the consultant will identify a number of WWF offices (ESARPO, Madagascar) and countries that have previously implemented analogous youth programmes and undertake field studies in up to five countries with a combination of successful and not so successful projects. These studies are expected to reveal strengths and weakness of the methodology of other youth projects and lessons learnt.
• Review research in the field of ESD and youth to build on a scientific foundation.
• Through the desk review, interviews and field visits, identify and document best and replicable practices in the delivery of the Youth Strategy for dissemination to WWF CARPO
• Support WWF CARPO in the production of best practice guide on Youth & ESD within the context of Central Africa.
• Make a relevant business intelligence analysis and look at other external examples of well executed projects, especially in the field of sustainability but also others which managed to mobilize massive youth engagement and capacity building, and analyze success factors and opportunities.
• Join in the development of the Youth Strategy clearly showing how to integrate it into the new GHoA Strategic Plan.
The following will be the deliverables from this consultancy;
• Consultancy Report that includes a business intelligence analysis, scientific conclusions and recommendations for the Youth strategy development. It should also provide guidelines for the Youth project implementation and a clearly proposed field procedure plan. It should also contain a robust data-entry programme with adequate consistency checking, designed in collaboration with the M&E Coordinator and the Programme Manager.
• The above report should show a full understanding on how the Youth strategy is integrated into the three-year GHoA Strategic Plan.
• A best practice guide on Youth & ESD.
• outputs/outcomes, lessons learnt and proposed recommendations to improve future practices;
• Master's Degree in Economics, Social sciences or Business administration or related field.
• At least seven (7) years' experience in Youths and Education for Sustainable Development programmes
• At least five (5) years working within the youth enterprise development field.
• Good liaison and communication skills in a multi-cultural setting
• Strong background in IT applications for business.
• Good analytical, report-writing and editing skills with ability to produce high quality work independently
• Adheres to WWF's values, which are: Passionate & Optimistic, Challenging & Inspiring, Credible & Accountable, and Persevering & Delivering Results.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit a proposal which should include the following:
- Company profile, if applicable;
- CV of consultant(s);
- Proposed methodology and plan of action;
- Budget and time lines
WWF CARPO will separately fund travel to the five countries and any dissemination workshops which may be organized as part of this review.
Interested and eligible consultants should submit a proposal through:
firstname.lastname@example.org by February 26, 2012 at the latest. The subject should read 007YSGHOA.