Views 1286 Conservation Jobs Application Deadline: Friday, 25 November 2016
WWF-DRC is recruiting the position of Principal Technical Advisor for our programme in Democratic Republic of Congo to help us achieve our new ambitious goals, and build a future where people live in harmony with nature.
Location: Mbandaka, Province de l’Equateur, Democratic Republic of Congo.
· Oversee project implementation and jointly coordinate the entire project activities with the ICCN Site Manager in place.
· Responsible the technical and financial control of the funds made available to the NRNT (National Reserve of Ngiri Triangle) by KFW to the project.
· Work closely with partners in and out of the reserve to realize conservation and development results.
· Coordinate the implementation of the project with the support of the Lac Tumba and Mai Ndombe Programme Manager of the WWF;
· Oversee personnel, technical, administrative and logistics of the project, in permanent contact with the field partner, ICCN, to optimize the expected results.
- Develop operational plans, budgets and contractual arrangements for activities in coordination with ICCN and other partners in order to ensure the necessary synergies in their implementation;
- Support to the WWF Human resources Office and Mbandaka filed Office ;
- Ensure the supervision of experts and employees as well as project finance ;
- Establish procedures of working on advances and the justification of expenditures, reviewing financial reports, planning budgets and ensure that the budgets are approved ;
- Support the fundraising for supplementary fund to support implementation of the management plan;
- Support ICCN in financial management and in the preparation of call for funds from KfW;
- Build and maintain strategic partnership with ICCN and other national partners in order to implement effective management structure for significant improvement in the management of the Ngiri reserve;
- Ensure co-responsibility of the Fonds de disposition (FDD) and activities assessment with the Park Manager;
- Ensure the application of the procedures for agreements with ICCN but also with other partners;
- Develop job description of key positions and the strengthening of capacity of the management unit;
- Support the validation of the General Management Plan;
- Support the development and implementation of operational plans;
- Support resolution of conflicts; ensure strengthening of the capacity of communities in the use of different technical tools allowing sustainable economic, social and environmental project, etc.
- Support the dialogue of actors in the landscape through meetings.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- University degree in forestry, biological sciences, managementof natural resources or a comparable degree;
- At least 10 years, including eight years in developing countries, preferably in Central Africa countries ;
- Good knowledge of the environment/protected areas, preferably in Central Africa;
- Technical and financial management skills in rural and protected areas ;
- Capacity to provide leadership and facilitate working relationships with employees, government authorities and various civil society partners;
- Development of terms of reference, procurement procedures, development and monitoring of contracts, etc…
- Experience in strengthening of non-governmental organizations (NGOS) and decentralized technical services;
- Experience in development programs for the communities of protected areas;
- Experience in planning, monitoring and evaluation of projects;
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities in French and English;
- Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledge, Optimist, Determined and Engaging.
How to apply?
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to send:
- A cover letter
- A detailed CV with 2-3 references
All applications should be sent to email@example.com. Previous applicants need not apply.
Deadline for applications: 25 November 2016
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.