Views 1802 Conservation Jobs Application Deadline: Friday, 15 April 2016
SANCCOB, a leading marine conservation non-profit organization, seeks to employ a Preparedness and Response Manager to join their dynamic team in Table View, Cape Town. The Preparedness and Response Manager will be responsible for the management of SANCCOB’s oiled wildlife preparedness and response portfolio and will report to the Executive Director of SANCCOB. Applications are invited.
Preparedness and Response Manager
· Develop oiled wildlife preparedness and response plans for SANCCOB and persons or companies who have contracted SANCCOB.
· Ensure alignment of the oiled wildlife preparedness and response plans with the incident command system.
· Promote the development of oiled wildlife preparedness and response plans and source contracts.
· Develop and facilitate training and exercises for SANCCOB and persons or companies who have contracted SANCCOB, to be able to respond to an oiled wildlife incident.
· Facilitate the identification and purchase of oiled wildlife response equipment, and ensure the equipment is audited and serviced according to policy.
· Remain up to date with oiled wildlife preparedness and response strategy, policy and legislation.
· Maintain and develop stakeholder relationships both nationally and internationally.
· Assist with the organisation of events and conferences when required.
· Write information articles for SANCCOB and other media as may be required from time to time.
· Bachelor’s degree preferably in the environmental or conservation field. A post-graduate qualification in these fields will be an added advantage.
· Minimum 5 years working experience in the environmental or conservation field.
· Leadership capabilities.
· Ability to develop written content.
· Ability to work against strict deadlines.
· Ability to help lead response teams in an emergency situation.
· Passion for seabirds and/or marine conservation, with a mission-driven work ethic and a positive attitude.
· An understanding of the broad range of projects undertaken by SANCCOB and its operations.
· Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Presentation and negotiation skills.
· A strong command of English as a working language is essential, and a written and spoken capability in at least one other official South African language is preferred.
· Valid Code 8 drivers licence.
Please send your CV (max 3 pages) with contactable referees and a letter of motivation for attention: the Business Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 15 April 2016
Management will not accept telephonic applications and will only correspond with applicants chosen for interviews.