Views 1208 Conservation Jobs Application Deadline: Tuesday, 18 July 2017
SANCCOB is seeking to employ a caring, compassionate Veterinary Nurse to join their energetic and dedicated team on a full-time basis. The purpose of this position is to provide specialist, veterinary nursing care as well as continued support to seabirds undergoing rehabilitation for release.
- Reporting directly to the Centre Manager in the Eastern Cape and under the supervision of the Veterinarian, oversee all rehabilitation and veterinary activities at the Eastern Cape’s two facilities, in Port Elizabeth and Cape St. Francis and to ensure that protocols and standards are maintained at the highest level
- Daily care and treatment of different types of seabirds of all ages including after hours on-call duty
- Cleaning of bird enclosures, pools and the maintenance of the facility
- Training and supervision of volunteers
- Assist with conducting tours to visitors around the facility
The successful candidate will be a team player who is physically fit, hard-working, dedicated, self-motivated and has a love of seabirds and conservation, with a personable, caring and compassionate nature. The successful person should be comfortable working long hours and in all weather conditions.
Minimum requirements for position:
- A Diploma in Veterinary Nursing (or equivalent qualification) and registration with the South African Veterinary Council is essential.
- Demonstrable experience managing small teams and/or volunteers will be advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience in writing reports, project proposals and articles will be advantageous.
- A valid driver’s licence.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programmes.
Please forward CV with at least 2 contactable references (max 3 pages) and a letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for application is close of business day at 17h00 on Friday, 4 August 2017
Management will not accept telephonic applications and will only correspond with applicants selected for interviews.