Views 4975 Internships Application Deadline: Sunday, 20 January 2013
In order to ensure the implementation of the Central Africa Region Programme Office's (CARPO) Strategy on "Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation (REDD+)", WWF seeks an Intern as a Climate Change Assistant.
Under the supervision of the Regional Forest and Climate Coordinator (RFCC), the intern will:
- Support in the preparation of materials for REDD+ policy processes.
- Assist in conducting specific studies on REDD+.
- Assist in conducting document reviews and meta-analysis on different REDD+ topics.
- Document monthly updates and trends on REDD+ in the Congo Basin countries.
- Participate in the organization of workshops and related activities as requested.
- Contribute in collecting and analyzing data from WWF REDD+ projects and activities
- Accomplish any other activity assigned by the Regional Forest and Climate Coordinator
- A Master's Degree in natural resources management disciplines or in environmental politics or economics
- A master's thesis on forestry or REDD+ is an asset.
- Good knowledge of climate change related issues in general and REDD+ in particular.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French.
- Excellent computer skills.
Required skills and competencies
- Excellent statistical and analytical skills.
- Writing and publication skills.
- Team spirit, problem solving, and result-oriented.
- The position is based in Yaoundé, Cameroon.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send a cover letter and a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 20/01/2013.